Monday, May 12, 2014

Just to be Mom

Ain't it just like a mother?  To take the day set aside to honor her to guilt herself into telling herself how she has failed as a mother (but not by what her children have done, for they are perfect!).  

All the things I've done wrong and/or failed to do right come flooding back to me each and every mothers' day.  I try to focus on my mother to ease the guilt.  But these things still consume my thoughts on mothers' day.  They probably will until my last mothers' day on Earth.

I wrote this poem to my children this mothers' day, hoping to relay some of these thoughts to them.

How much are you like me?

Do you live you life sublime? or
Is your head filled with rhymes? and
Are you content within your times?
How much are you like me?

Do you have my same thoughts?
Are you spared all my faults?
Do you choose the wiser alts?
How much are you like me?

Is the MAIN THING important to you?
Do you remember Him in what you say or do?
Do you love unconditionally, each day, brand new?
How much like your Dad are you?

Happy Mother’s Day…
from your unequivocal, undeserving, imperfect Mom who loves you, although she does not act like it most of the time.


I am so grateful that my children take after their father.  They wouldn't stand a chance if they were like me!


AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THOSE MOMS, GRANDMOTHERS AND GREAT-GRANDMOTHERS OUT THERE.  Each tier of motherhood is an achievement and YOU ALL ARE TO BE PRAISED!

No comments:

Post a Comment