Monday, December 1, 2014

A Few Clouds May Give you a Clearer Picture

This afternoon while photographing a sunset I realized that I was getting some really good shots because of a set of dark clouds that suddenly moved in.  What a great thing, I thought to myself.

I certainly could apply this photo tip to a lot of my adventures in photography.  In fact I have been told by professional photographers to wish for a cloud cover for an outdoor wedding day.  Who could wish for that if you are Mother-of-the-Bride, Mother-of-the-Groom or even a Guest?  And why?  Rain usually follows those clouds, right?

Just apply this tip to your life.  A few clouds roll in and after you wait and wonder... suddenly things are clearer.  Maybe its a season in your life; maybe a life situation that seems permanent.  Maybe it's an illness.  Maybe it is a family relationship.  Whatever is clouding up your life right now, just wait... things will become clearer when your mind takes a photograph and you sit back to analyze the situation through that clear picture.  

I am told there would be clouds (trouble) if I followed the path of righteousness.  John 16:33  "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace and confidence.  In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer!  For I have overcome the world."  In this clear picture of ultimate hope and restoration, I see the end result.  So no matter what my trouble is, Jesus has already overcome that problem for me.  

Today as I look again at this perfect picture of the sunset that I was able to capture with my camera, I also received the message of hope in my time of distress through the clouds that shaded just what light needed to be removed.  It's amazing how God works the universe, isn't it?  
The Master Artist gives us beauty and hope every single day.  All we have to do is look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment