Saturday, March 15, 2014

Birthdays

Now that my taxes are almost ready, it’s FUN TIME.  

How are your weekend plans?

My weekend will consist of spending some time with three of the darlings and the D.  (And of course my favorite son-in-law.)  The littlest darling of this particular bunch will be celebrating her four year birthday.  A few friends and some of the family will be helping her celebrate.  Her birthday is not until next week, but the weekend seems to work the best.

As children’s parties go, I can’t remember making a big deal about my children’s birthdays the way people do in this new generation.  I guess it is always a good thing to celebrate births; new births or the anniversary of the same.  

The anniversaries I most like to celebrate are the new lives in my life instead of this OLD life of mine.  I know that life will pass away soon enough for all of us, and having experienced it myself, (well, not death of course, but death of loved ones) sometimes it passes away too soon.  (Or so we think.)  

Instead of thinking of how fun life is, we sometimes think of how much we will miss our stuff.  Some people obsess about it and worry about what will happen to their stuff when their time is done.  Some people DON’T obsess about it although they probably should, at least a little bit!

Would it put your mind at ease to think about dealing with your stuff before someone else has to?  For instance, if you had a chance to look through your family photos (but only if they were all organized) you could relay some facts to your loved ones about events they did not know, wouldn’t that be a good thing?

Think about it and let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment