Monday, March 24, 2014

Lord, I want to be a Minimalist in my heart.

We had a very inspiring Bible Study and message from our Pastor yesterday at church.  The Bible Study was on The Power of the Tongue - OUCH!  (from various Proverbs) and the message was about Overcoming Obstacles.  So fitting for this ole gal in both arenas.  I love it when God’s Word is so applicable to my life.  The way I see it, He was saying to me yesterday... “Shut up ... get ahold of yourself!”

After all afternoon of meditation on what I’d heard straight from the Messengers, a thought came to my mind.  I decided I really need to consider Minimalism.  Although I am not quite ready to take out the appliances and eat only cold vegetables or move into a mini camper van, I’d love to think of some creative ways of minimally downsizing my golden years.

I am working to get all my photos into album to preserve the family history.  I am going to create digital albums for travel (making them about 1/8 of the size of my normal travel books).  Does that count?

Do you consider yourself to be a Minimal person?  What are some ways you consider yourself a Minimalist?  I’d love to hear your ideas.  Believe me, I need all the help I can get.




Just a few of the albums.  Think of how many boxes of pictures these used to be... !

No comments:

Post a Comment